Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

BFF Road Trip

About a month & a half ago my BFF, Kathy, and I went to a little shop about 45 minutes away to get custom necklaces made using coupons I had purchased from Groupon.  We got a call that they were ready & so WE were more than ready for another road trip.  It was a beautiful day today in the mid-50's.

Kathy's was finished & it has three silver disks in graduating size that say "Faith, Courage, Strength" then she had a Swarovski 'ruby' crystal at the top.  So pretty & it fits her personality.  I got a brass disk with a copper swirl on top.  The swirl says 'My love...My life...My soul...' and the brass disk has King Turd's & my Anniversary date on it.  The brass disk was supposed to be in a 'Fancy' font & swirl was supposed to be a 'block' font', unfortunately they were both done in 'block'.  So the brass disk has to be redone.  I guess another road trip is in the works.  Hopefully without snow - but once we hit December, yeah right.

I can't tell you how many Christmas shopping trips that Kathy & I have been on where the weather has started out beautiful & then by the time we start to come home there is a blizzard.  One year it was so bad it took me almost 2 hours to get home - generally a half hour trip.  The snow was so deep in spots that I literally pushed snow with the bumper of my car.  No cell phones back then either.  It never failed.

Last year was one of the only years that it wasn't too bad.  We had a little snow, but not much.  I think God has smiled on us & knows that we're not as young as we used to be.  And us getting caught in a snowstorm would not be as much fun.

Our friendship has been such a blessing. We've known each other since college.  Kathy has been there with me for the birth of all three of my kids.  Through thick & thin.  I was thinking today that other than my relatives, she & I have had the longest standing relationship!  One that, even when we've been away from each other, feels like we just spoke to each other a day or so ago.

Do you have a 'blessing' like Kathy in your life?

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!


2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love Groupon. That one you got sounds like a great one. I'm a little jealous of all the snowy christmas shopping fun. It's 75 here and I love it all except for about 3 weeks in December in which I would be thrilled if it would just dump snow. Too bad we can't all just order up our won weather requests. ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013