Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bully Beatdown

By now, most of you know I teach 6th Grade Math in our local Middle School.  And you also know that the Lego King is in 6th Grade.  AND since I work with all three 6th Grade Teams, I am in his Math Class (along with his ELA & Reading - Mwaahahhahahhaaa). 

So anyhoo, there are two boys who are mean boys - actually, they're more than mean... they're bullies.  I mean, I know there are other bullies out there.  It just so happens that these two in particular have been harassing the Lego King for a few years now.  And it just keeps getting worse.  Last year, these two boys (plus one other) choked my son in the bathroom.  It was near Mardi Gras & he was wearing beads - they used those to choke him.  If it had not been for one of the Lego Kings friends, it would have been 3 against 1.  They were reprimanded - that's all I know.

This year they have teased him, slap/shoved the side of his face while waiting in line during PE class, they've stolen things & wrecked them & then told him that they did it.  They have crossed his name out in a school issued book & wrote something inappropriate in its place.  Today, while on his way into lunch, one of these boys knocked him to the ground.  Thank goodness it was caught on tape and our School Resource Officer (SRO) was able to see exactly what happened - once my son reported it.  This student will be getting 1 day of Internal Suspension.

This is the part where I'd like to be a part of those Bully Beatdowns!  Although, I'm a big chicken & I would never do it.  Thoughts of thrashing the daylights out of someone has been thoroughly pondered in my little brain at times, let me tell you!  I'd really like to meet this students parents & ask them what on earth are they doing that makes him so mean & vindictive?   I think I could do really, really well in a Hollering Ho-down.  Not that it would do any good.

I still am required to teach these student who are mean to my child.  I'm glad that I'm the kind of person who can put things aside & start again.  My problem is, if this escalates & they hurt my son - am I going to be able to put THAT aside?  I hope so.... but, I also hope that these students learn their lesson & stop being the bullies that they are.... I have seen it happen.  I have seen students who come from poor and/or difficult circumstances turn their lives around.  I hope it will happen this time.

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

1 comment:

  1. It is so good that you are able to be at the school, nearby. And that your school has cameras!! Do the boys by any chance play sports? My nephew was having the same problem in middle school, and his older, bigger cousin took care of it on the football practice field. The 8th grade cousin and a couple of his friends simply told the bullies if they messed with Weston again they would have to defend him. No more problems... Ugh... I hate bullies...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013