First, let me set the stage.... Do-do-do-do Do-do-do-do (think - Twilight Zone)....
There I stand, dressed in a sparkly-silver-lame'-sequins-dress..... a pair of matching strappy high heeled shoes... my hair & make-up perfect.... waving, blowing kisses towards all 8 of my adoring fans...(listen, it's MY Twilight Zone Dream)... I walk gracefully up on stage, smiling as I look out towards the bright lights.... Someone approaches from the left... Oh look!!! Here comes Kerrye from Impossible Cleanliness... What? What's that you say, Kerrye? You're presenting me with The Versatile Blogger Award? Oh. My. Goodness! (a sob catches in my throat *gulp, sniff, sniff) Thank you! Thank you so much!!! I curtsy, tears glistening in my eyes.....my fans clap & whistle joyously!! Stage fade right.....
Snap, Snap, Snap!!! Back to reality people...
There are rules ya know... rules you have to follow when you accept awards... So here they are:
A. I have to share 7 things about myself with you, and
B. I have to pass this award on to 15 bloggers I think deserve it.
The Seven Super Secret Things (Dum-dum-duuuuummmmm!)
2. I was chosen as Senior Class Flirt during High School.
3. I don't like scary movies. The last scary movie I watched was one of the Dawn of the Dead movies on VHS tape with my younger brother during the mid-80's. I had nightmares for weeks after that. I have not watched a scary movie since.
4. I have a lead-foot when it comes to driving.
5. I have a secret stash of chocolate-covered caramel popcorn hidden in the backroom. Only the Princess & I know it's there. We call it our PMS Popcorn.
6. I have re-gifted Christmas & Birthday presents.
7. I am not bothered by someone who calls me a BITCH. I actually take it as a compliment. While attending a Domestic Violence Counseling Group a friend of mine told us that it was just an acronym for: Beauty In Total Control of Herself. I choose to believe that. And generally when someone calls me that, they're just angry because they are not in control. I have a magnet on my fridge that says: "You call me a Bitch like it's a bad thing!"
The 15 bloggers who also deserve this award are as follows:
1. A Slob Comes Clean
3. Clean, Smart, Simple Style
4. Controlling My Chaos
5. Declutter Daily
6. I'm an Organizing Junkie
7. Laundry Hurts My Feelings
8. The Bearded Iris
9. The Creative Homemaker
10. A Real Housewife of NYC
11. The Scott's Crib
12. The Feral Turtle
13. Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva
14. The Frazzled Homemaker
15. Love Living Simply
I love reading all of these blogs. They make me laugh or give me ideas or make me think (Ouch!!!) Hopefully you'll love them as much as I do.... So I shall now make a decree to: Go forth & multiply-blog-follower-numbers!!
I always get all goofy & giggly when someone new joins my little list of
Don't forget to congratulate them for winning The Versatile Blogger Award! And don't forget to check out Kerrye's blog - Impossible Cleanliness for cool cleaning tips & decorating ideas! Thanks again, Kerrye!
Bye! Love you! Have a good day, Dear!