Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Am Not Dead

Nope, I'm not dead.  The past month & a half have been extremely busy.  More than I can ever really remember at this time of year.

And, just yesterday I had more heaped on my plate.  I was told I no longer will be doing 6th Grade Math.  I should be very glad to know that I still have a job - so I get to 'express my interest' in working with 2nd Graders, High School Structured Studies or Middle School Structured Studies.  Oh Goodie!!!  Do I want a headache or a headache?



I sat down last night & wrote out the pros & cons.  On paper.  Not just in my head.  Because in my head I'm thinking first choice is 2nd Grade, then High School Structured, then Middle School Structured.  When all was said and done I realized that I truly LOVE Middle School.  So, I'll be doing my best to stay there.  Talks are still in the works but, I think Administration has made up it's mind.  Who knows.  They may tell me one thing at the end of school & then tell me a completely different something when we start again in the fall.

That being said, the end of the year is coming up and testing will be driving me crazy.  So please don't be offended if I again don't post much between now & the end of June.  I'll try to not let it go so long, but I'm not making any promises.

I miss you!

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

6 comments:

  1. What is structured studies? Good luck with the rest of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Structured Studies is the contained classroom that holds the kids from 6th, 7th and/or 8th grade, whose behavior is so out of control that they cannot be allowed in 'normal' classes until they have served their 'detention' time. Sometimes it's for the remainder of the school year.

      It's not a nice environment. And if I'm placed there, I'm hoping that I can at least give them some usable basic skills if they refuse to do school work. I'm going to have to pull out all of my prior homeschooling skills to make it work I think.

      And thanks. I know it will go fast. Hopefully I'll have answers before school ends.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping everything was ok. Sounds like you are between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. Take care and don't let yourself get to stressed out over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever you do, I know you will be good at it. Maybe God has bigger plans for you. Maybe He knows YOU are the one that can help those kids. We don't always see the bigger picture.....trust me, I know! LOL. We wonder why when things were going along just fine. You are a special person. You will make a difference wherever you are. Remember to "bloom where you are planted". God loves you, and so do I! Hugs! ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. That's just awful when you have to move and it's not your idea. Was there a good reason for it? Maybe o can move back after this next year? I recently found out that I get to move to the middle school and teach math, but it was initiated by me and I'm ecstatic. Teaching elementary is HARD. I think most people don't really get that. Although partif me thinks that second grade would be fun, it would be a lot of WORK.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013