Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Schooooool's Out For Summer!!!

Ahhh, good to be back!!  I've missed you all.  Ok, sorta missed you all.  The end of the year was really crazy and I appreciate that you waited patiently for me to come back.

I'll try & see if I can remember all that I need to update you about.  Hmmmm....



SCHOOL/JOB:

The only thing I do know is that I WILL have a job at the Middle School next year.  At this point in time I am still looking at Structured Studies.   I keep checking daily to see if there is a new posting for the proposed Math Learning Center.  The principal stopped by personally & told me "DON'T WORRY!  You'll be here at the Middle School.  He also strongly suggested - 3 times during our conversation - that I keep my eye open for the proposed Math Learning Center & apply for that position when it becomes available.  Yes, Sir!!!  I can take a hint!!

CHILDREN:

The Lego King will be moving on to 7th grade.  He did really well on his finals, scoring a 98 on his Science final (yeah, I'm bragging).  He's planning on taking some free summer courses.  One is Model Boat Building, another is a Zombie Survival Course and the last one is Stop Motion Movies.  He's been in the pool as often as we've let him & already he's turning into a brown little nugget.

The Princess will be a Senior this next year.  Had a wonderful year in Culinary Arts and is looking forward to all of the things that go along with being a Senior.  She just got a job working at The Belhurst in the kitchen.  Mostly as a dishwasher (we told her all good chefs have to start with the basics), but 'Chef' said that since she has Culinary Skills, Knife Skills & can do Prep that he would occasionally pull her to do those things.  Which hopefully means she won't be washing dishes for long.  She's excited.  She has to work 200 hours in a Culinary Arts related position in order to get her certificate when she graduates.

HUBBY:

King Turd of Poop Mountain *ahem*.  A big change will be coming on August 1st.  He'll be having Gastric Bypass Surgery.  He's been going through all the stuff that needs to be done prior to approval for surgery for the past 18-24 months.  About a month ago, he was approved for surgery through our insurance.  We went a couple of weeks ago & got the date of surgery.  Tomorrow he & I go to a Teaching Class so we'll have more information tomorrow.  King T is Type 2 Diabetic and he drives a tractor-trailer - not a good combination.  It's getting to the point that he can no longer control his sugar levels with food & oral medication.  So, his primary care physician suggested bypass surgery.  He went & saw a surgeon & was told he was a good candidate.  In 95% of the cases of people who've had Gastric Bypass surgery and been diabetic, they've been cured or at least made their levels manageable with food & medication.  If he didn't have this done, he'd probably have to go on disability or take a huge cut in pay with another job.  This will be a big change for our entire family.  I'll tell you more about that in a future post - the good, the bad & the ugly.

ME:

I am really in a good spot.  I have gotten over the initial panic of losing my position at school.  I'll be ok if I go into Structured Studies.  I don't think it will be my most favorite position ever, but I'll be able to make it work I think.  I'm looking forward, in a way, to the King's surgery & our 'new way of life'.  I think that in the end, our whole family will be healthier because of it.  We'll really learn portion control.  The Princess mentioned that she liked the 'science' part of it and she might specialize in becoming a chef for Gastric Bypass patients.   Since diabetes is on both my side of the family & King T's, the Lego King genetically has a higher chance of developing diabetes in the future - a menu makeover may help him avoid it or at least put it off for a long, long time.  This will really get me into menu planning.  As King T can't have stuff that is too fatty or to sugary.  From scratch will help solve that issue since we'll know exactly what we put into stuff.  And, I've lost about 12-15 lbs (it fluctuates) since January - it will help with that PLUS I've been using the pool to exercise (8 laps = 1/4 mile).

On another note, I have a few projects that I want to work on; the bathroom, the jam room & the master bedroom.  Also, I want to give myself time each day to not feel guilty about 'playing' in my craft room or sitting & reading.  So I need to figure out a schedule for that.

So that's a start in catching you up!  What have you been up to while I've been 'gone'?

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013