Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Trouble Is My Middle Name


Yep, that's right, I've always been told 'Trouble' is my middle name.  At least, by most of my friends.  My given middle name is Ann - which means 'grace'.  My mother calls me 'Gracie'.  I've always been able to walk a straight floor & fall flat on my face.  "Yep, there goes 'Gracie'!  As for trouble?

My friends think I have a somewhat delinquent personality.  Like when I took a shortcut along the sidewalk at college.  Oh, did I fail to mention I was driving my car at the time?  Or the other time we (my BFF, Kathy & I) made a snowman & brought him inside our dorm for a couple of  upper classmen  friends.  They didn't quite see the humor in having a 3' snowman outside their door, so they told us to get rid of him.  So we sat him on the toilet.  It took about a week or more of flushing to get rid of him.


Snowman

 I will be having a birthday in a few days.  My cousin, who is 1 month and 6 days younger than I am teases me all the time about being OLDER.  Her middle name is also Ann,  but HER middle name DOES mean 'Trouble'.  Today I got a few birthday presents from her 'cause she thinks she's all funny 'n stuff.



Nifty at 50

As you can see I will be the Big 5-0!!  It doesn't seem like it.  I don't feel like it.  I certainly don't ACT like it.  But it's true.  I've heard that people have a hard time turning 40... or 50.... or 60 or whatever... Mine?  It was when I turned 30.  I was about 27 or 28 and I can remember a friend of mine had just turned 36 and I thought 'Wow, that seems so old!'  For some reason 30 hit me quite hard.  Now... HA, who cares?  I certainly don't.  

I have the best life.  The best family.  I am so happy with where I'm at with my life right now.  I want for nothing, my husband spoils me like crazy.  I love my job.  I have amazing kids.  I'm expecting great things for the next 50 years.  Everything is going to be going so well, I have to create a little bit of trouble now & then to keep things interesting.

From now on this will be my mantra:   

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"
   
How's your ride going, Trouble?

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear! 

PS:  I had such fun with the last 'Blog Hop' that I'm linking up again!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one. I have a few years until fifty but the thought isn't really bothering me.

    Love that snowman in the toilet, too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a Fabulously Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hear about the birthday. Hope it was great

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013