Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

One Thing Down And A Gazillion More To Go

One down!!  The guy came today to put in our new shower.  We went from a tub & shower combo to a walk-in shower.  I'm excited - thinking I would be able to be the first to use it - nope.... It has to sit for 24 hours so that the silicon caulk can set.... awwwww, dang it!!!  I get this new toy & I don't get to play with it.  I can only look at how pretty & fun it is... grumble, grumble, gripe....

Tomorrow is MY first day of school.  I have a Superintendent's Conference meeting tomorrow, and another again on Tuesday.  Classes start on Wednesday.  Speaking of school & just one more thing to add to the gazillion..... I got the Lego King's bus schedule - morning pick-up will be at 7:08 a.m. 8/10 of a mile up the road.  Yep!  So I call the Transportation Office and do you know what they told me?  Well, they were trying to have the bus driver go in a big 'country-type loop', and since he's the ONLY student down our road, can't I just bring him up to the corner or let him walk?   It's so the bus driver doesn't have to come down ALL that way, because it's out of the way for her.  Oh puh-leeze.... I PAY my school taxes & just because he's the only kid on our road this year (there are 2 other kids, but they're still in elementary school)... the school district is REQUIRED to pick up my kid.... I'm disgusted.... and it's even my home-district... I just told them forget it.  He will ride in with me, UNLESS I am sick & THEN I will call them and they can COME & pick him up AT our house. 

Friday is the day the pool is going in.  And I can't forget to take Willy to his first (whispered) V.E.T. appointment - at least with our vet.

Then Saturday, King Turd will get home in the morning, sleep for a couple of hours & then we'll leave & head camping.  It's supposed to be a crummy weekend - 50-60%  chance of rain on Saturday & Sunday, nicer on Monday.  Who cares - a bad day camping is better than a good day at work!

I decluttered some today when I cleared out the bathroom closet for the shower guy.  I actually didn't have to do that, but didn't know, so I thought I was being helpful.  It's ok... I got rid of a garbage bag full of stuff that had expired or we didn't use anymore.  I put the new unused stuff in the donate box.  It's so nice to know that I don't have to store that box when it gets full.... It can just be GONE!!  *doing a little happy dance - hey, no laughing!!!

I also made 18 breakfast sandwiches for the freezer.  I'll try them & let you know how they turn out.  I made 2 of each using a bagel thin, english muffin or croissant; ham, sausage or bacon; they all had 1 slice of cheese & one egg on them.  We're each trying one for dinner.

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013