Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Warm as Toast!

Today Lowes is coming with our winter supply of wood pellets.  I am sooo excited.  I have this strange desire to be warm as toast during the winter.  We live in this big old house (2300 sq. ft.) that is over 180 years old.  We have three, yes, THREE pellet stoves.  Sometimes the wind blows so hard around here it feels like we're living in Siberia.  During the summer, we die from the heat.... during the winter we freeze from the cold.... oh wait... is that just because we live in NY? 

This is the first summer in a long time that I really feel as if I have accomplished something.  My goal has been to declutter & I've done just that.  I know I have a long way to go, but it's really noticeable - at least to me.  I think to others too though (at least one of the 'adopted daughters' noticed when she came over.... friends too).  I can't wait to finish up.  I have until the 26th.... that's when we're having our yard sale.  I have LOVED this summer.  It hasn't seem to go too fast or too slow.  It does seem like it's speeding up as we head towards the beginning of the school year though.

Then comes fall.... I have to say, I think fall is my favorite season.  I love the colors, the smells, the crisp nights, fires in the fire pit, the lack of corn pollen.  I love that 'settling in' feeling, that hunkering down for winter.  The soups & baking that occur more often.

I'm ready this year, thanks to our supply of wood pellets, I'll be warm as toast.

What's your favorite season?  Why?

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013