Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One more day!! Skippity-do-dah-day!!!!

Waaahhhhoooooeeeeee!!!!!  One more day of schooool!!  One more day of schoool!!!  (This MUST be said in a see-sawing manner on the ooOOoo part of school).  Anyhoot - not that the kids have been bad or anything.  One of the boys who is consistently naughty has been having horrible allergy symptoms this week & because he's wiped out from that - he's actually been wonderful in class!  It's really not bad this week with only 4 days.  Thank heavens for not alot of snow this year!  Yessum!  Unused Snow Day = 4 Day Memorial Day Weekend!!

Lots to do this weekend.  Or I should put it - lots I want to do this weekend.  We'll see how much actually gets accomplished.  Flowers definitely have to be planted.  I have a doctor's appointment.  Then I want to get this gel polish off my nails I think.  I reeeeallly like it, but I can't afford $40 bucks every two weeks!!  So maybe I'll try to keep up a manicure myself (yeah, I know what you're thinkin' 'good luck with that!') And I need a pedicure while I'm there.  Then I invited one of the Lego King's friends to spend the night.  Then The Princess will be having a friend over aka Another Adopted Daughter to work on a project that needs to be completed by next week - she's coming on Saturday.  OH!  I forgot, King Turd & I were invited to a 'soft' opening for a friend's new restaurant.  (I know, I had to ask to make sure I knew what a 'soft' opening was too.  It's when a small number of people are invited to an opening or something - invitation only).  Wow... that only takes me to Saturday.... who knows what will happen on Sunday & Monday!!!  Although I should ask my Girl Scout Troop if they want to march in the Memorial Day Parade.  I highly doubt it since they're 15, 16 & 17 yrs. old!!  But I should do the 'Leader-y' thing & ask.  Don't forget to add in there clean the living room carpet - smells like dog - GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!  But then again... you know... it's a 4-day weekend!!!  I could get alot of crafty stuff done..... aww, who am I kidding?

On a final note.... God Bless our Service Men & Women who work and have worked so hard to keep our country safe & sound. Thank you!   I'll be waving my flag strong!!! 

What are you up to for the Memorial Day Weekend?

Bye! Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, first and foremost, God Bless those who allow us to stay safe by risking their own lives.

    Here's what I do when it comes to manicures and pedicures: I buy the polish they put on me. It cuts down big time on my trips to the nail salon. Perfect for touch ups. And let me tell you, you can touch up forever.

    Definitely go to the soft opening. I was a loan officer in a small bank in Tampa when these two sweet, charming customers of mine came in and applied for a business loan. Those two men started up a little restaurant called Outback Steakhouse. It was wonderful in those days, I got invited to all their soft openings and with those two guys, that meant whatever you wanted on the menu and as much beer and wine as you'd like. Those were sweet days. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joann!

    I've thought about buying the same color for touch ups, but never did it. In the long run, I think it will be tons cheaper if I do it that way. I thought about buying the stuff to do my own Gel nails. Looked on Amazon & kits are running $100 & up. It's so new that it's not readily available. I think in another year or so I'll be able to find kits cheaper. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10, I'll check it out then.

    King Turd & I decided that dinner out tomorrow night would be a good plan too. Their liquor license hasn't shown up yet so she told us we could bring our own wine. I'm sure we've got a bottle (or two or three) of Hazlitt's Red Cat (http://www.hazlitt1852.com/) around here. If you like a sweet wine this is one of the best... a little drier? try White Cat... a nice addition to your 'little' wine cellar.

    Thanks so much for your comments.... Ahhhhhhh! (flowers, rainbows, glitter & angels singing)....I feel loved!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013