Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

TGIF!

I got to sleep in this morning until 6:15!  How cool is that?  When I got up, I was able to putter around.... but, I puttered too much.... and talked on the phone with King Turd (he's in New Jersey.... I think.... someplace down thata way) for waaaay too long.  Finally I told him I HAD to go, or I was going to be late to my doctor's appointment.  'Oh?' he says, 'You aren't going to school?'..... Whaaaatttt?  'No, I am NOT going to school.  We have a 4 day weekend, remember?'.... 'Nope, nobody told me!'..... 'Ummmm, yep, I did.  Don't you remember that conversation we had about the fact that we might have been able to go camping because we had a 4 day weekend, but you thought you might have to go out Memorial Day night?' (and yes, I know it's a run-on sentence and yes, I DO talk that way) .... 'Hmmmm, I don't know, maybe.'  And he thinks I need my hearing checked?!!  Good grief.... lol  So, I ended up running late & I called the doctor's office to let them know & the secretary was so sweet, she says 'No problem we'll just move your appointment to 9.'  Gotta love it!  We haven't been with this new practice a whole year yet, but let me tell you they are wonderful!  They listen, and not just listen but REALLY LISTEN!  And they are willing to work with you & try natural things or a combination of natural & prescribed stuff instead of shoving prescription meds at you all the time.  They make you feel like you are the only person they have to see.  Oh, BTW, nothing to be alarmed about - just a little check up & some blood work.

From there stopped at the car dealer's to have them look at the bumper on our car (we have a 2010 Dodge Journey), it keeps popping out in one spot.  I think it might just be a clip that has broken or come loose and needs to be fixed.  Of course, when I drove in, this young salesman comes running (don't they always) and I tell him what is wrong as he walks me back to Service.  On the way he tells me about this nice little thing they offer, but somehow failed to let existing customers know, called Pick-Up-And-Delivery-Service.  'Ohhhhh yeah, he says.... 'It's great!!  Anything you need Service to do, we'll come & get your car & give you a loaner while we take care of yours!'  Really? says I..... 'Oh yes, as long as it is within 60 miles.'  Really? says I again... I'll keep that in mind.   So, back to the Service desk we go, he chats for awhile until we get the Service guy's attention & then he leaves.  This guy looks at it, says he'll have to take the light out & the bumper off, probably won't take too long to do, but all of his bays are full & it might take a little bit to get me in today, but they can do it.'  So after he leaves, I look at the Scheduling guy & say 'So, this isn't life & death here.  The bumper isn't going to be falling off anytime soon, it's just something that needs to be checked out.  How about if we schedule it when it will be more convenient for you?  And YOU can come & pick it up when I'm at school.  Then YOU can have it almost ALL day!'  Funny how they tried to worm their way out of doing that... but we did come to an agreement.... Mmmmwwahhahahahaaa - evil laughter

Ran some errands, the Lego King's friend decided that throwing up all over his mom's kitchen floor was 'more funner' than coming here for an overnight.  Both were terribly disappointed, so a huge promise of another day & things were right with the world.  Stopped to get my mani/pedi - talk about 'no room at the inn'!  Wow that place was packed.  So I made an appointment for 10 tomorrow - she told me they only take walk-ins but they honored my appointment above another woman last time - so we'll see.  Saw a friend there who was waiting - we figured out that we'd known each other 31 years!!!  Can you believe that?  Hard to think I knew her 2 years before I was even born, but I swear (stop looking at my crossed fingers & toes!!!) it's true!!! 

Wow, look at this blog thing - it's like I'm writing a book or something... At least reading me, you'll get a good night's sleep!

Bye! Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013