Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Are You Ready?

Well, not much went on today... just thought that I'd post an update of what has been going on in general around here....

Ready?.....

Are you sure?....

You're really ready, right?...

Ahem.... Ok, here goes....

There has been NOTHING going on......

Ok... Today was a big, fat zero on the decluttering scale.  Today was a day spent taking Bigfoot to the Burn Unit up at the 'Big Hospital' up in the city.  Second degree burns on his left palm.  They gave him one of those special gloves to wear (the kind of nylon material, tight stretchy thing that burn patients wear). Told him he needs to keep it clean, no heavy lifting, keep it away from heat, etc., etc.... Oh, and that he'll live.... whew!

One thing the Big City Doctor did tell him, was to NOT use the Silver Sulfadiazine that had been prescribed by our local Urgent Care doctor.  The city we live in relatively small, compared to the 'Big City & the Big Hospital' and Mr. High-and-Mighty-Doctor* said that using the silver stuff is 'old school' and NOT highly recommended anymore (like all doctors that work in our area are backwoods, podunk, horse-doctors).  He said that the silver in the ointment causes the wound to turn a grayish/silver color and he can't evaluate if it has improved or not.  What he did say that you should use is; Polysporin (the bacteria-busting-cousin to Neosporin).  Ima get some of that for our first aid kit(s) and throw out the 'Burn Cream'.
 
*This doctor actually 'tsked' and shook his head... picked up the prescription we had brought along & then tossed it onto the counter like it was contaminated... Other than his superiority complex, he seemed very knowledgeable & I have heard good things about him.

Yesterday afternoon I did go up & declutter some in my craft room.  I feel like I at least have a bigger, better path through it.  Looking around, I think there is a bunch up there that I can part with now.  Since I've figured out how to be ruthless downstairs here I can now tackle things closer to my heart - like my crafts.  I just looked at my calendar & decided the date of our Garage Sale... it will be August 26th & 27th.... Then I'm done.... at the end, what doesn't sell will go to Goodwill and Ima try my hand at Craig's List for a couple of things.  From then on EVERYTHING will go to Goodwill as I get a full box.

Bye!  Love you!  Have a good day, Dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design © 2013